1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenfanatic, Aug 2, 2008.

1. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    got my new genesis 1588 today. setting my eggs early in the morning. wish me luck hahaha. thanks again home and barn for all the great service and the help we really appreciate it. i have a ? for anyone that may know. im unfamiliar with this new style bator i know its probably a stupid ? but WHERE IS THE HEATING ELEMENT in these things? technology is great but confusing hahaha.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Congratulations on your new Bator! I love mine. It really keeps the temperature constant for me. [​IMG]

I think the heating element is the metal tube that goes around inside of the top.

I hope you have a great hatch. [​IMG] Have fun!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  3. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    the heating element is the round metal tubing on the top

4. chickenfanatic

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    ok i know what a heating element shoulddddddd look like but this genesis has no tubing on the top haha thats what i mean its not the same as all the other bators i have had hmmmm there is what looke to be a coiled type wire going around the fan body im wondering if thats it???????

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats on the new bator.. i know you'll have a great hatch coming soon [​IMG]

6. Sahara

Sahara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Keystone Heights, FL
    Good luck on your first hatch. It is always exciting!

7. chickenfanatic

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    well it seems to working great so far we shall see it is already alot better than my old lg that thing was heartache from the beginnig i modified it and got some good hatches from it but darn was it rough around the edges this genesis so far is greaaaaaat

8. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    I love my Genesis 1588! I every egg that I have put in it that has been fertile has developed! I only lost 2 and those got bacteria from being dropped and puncturing the membrane. I do have to run it with water in both water areas through the entire hatch just to keep the humidity at 50%, but our area is not very humid at all so that plays a part in that. All I have to do is just keep them filled and I have NEVER had a problem with the temp either. Good Luck! I hope you love yours as much as I do mine. [​IMG]

9. chickenfanatic

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    Well Kellim so far i'm amazed and in love with the genesis for sure.The only problem at all so far in the first 3 days is i'm bored with it there isn't anything i need to do i go and check the temp/humidity like 3 times an hour just because im used to fussing with the old bators i had this thing is very low maintenance. Like i said almost tooo easy.

10. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    Congrats on your new bator [​IMG] happy hatching

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by