1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New BC Cream Legbar Chicken Owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BCLegbar, Mar 19, 2017.

1. BCLegbar

BCLegbar New Egg

Mar 19, 2017
    Salt Spring Island, BC
    Hi,

I recently receive a dozen Cream Legbar hatching eggs which are now in the incubator for hatching. The eggs arrived looking more a tint of green than blue so hoping they turn out blue eggers than green.

[​IMG]

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    :welcome

4. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome and beautiful eggs. If you read the standard for cream legbars it will say they can lay either blue or greenish eggs. That was a disappointment to me when I got shipped cream legbar eggs and they were all green. Unfortunately only cockerels hatched, but I did use one to make gorgeous olive eggers using different breeds of hens.
    What color your hatched chickens lay will be partially dependent on the color the rooster carries so hopefully he was from a blue laying line.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

As others have mentioned, CLB egg color can vary toward green. It is likely pullets hatched from these eggs will lay a similar color of egg.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under BCLegbar [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best with the hatch.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - best of luck on your hatch, here's hoping for many lovely pullets!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sending Great hatching vibes your way [​IMG][​IMG] and many pullets - [​IMG]

9. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Beautiful eggs, good luck with your hatch!

10. BCLegbar

BCLegbar New Egg

Mar 19, 2017
    Salt Spring Island, BC
    Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome! A new adventure for me. So, do you all think the eggs look green or blue? This is sorta like the dress - is it black and blue or white and gold? Time to start the coop building.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by