1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

New Bigger Coop - Pics in Link

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by flatcreekfarm, Aug 3, 2010.

1. flatcreekfarm

flatcreekfarm In the Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
    Missouri
    I have pics of the little coop that I built on my BYC page, but wanted to show off hubby's coop. We are almost finished - just a coat of red paint and a few details, and the run. The flight netting arrived today for that. Of course, we knew we'd need more room with our little flock. And none too soon. Hopefully we can move in next week. We are bursting at the seams! I can't update the BYC page yet but here is a link to my recent blog post... scroll down just a bit and you will see. I love it. He's done such a great job, and even listened to me on most of the features [​IMG]
    http://flatcreekfarm.blogspot.com/2010/08/iamalive.html

Thanks for lookin', and thanks to everyone here for the wonderful, daily inspiration [​IMG]

2. SunshineSteedFarm

SunshineSteedFarm Seramatching Equestrian

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Wow, I am impressed!! It looks like a lovely coop.I love the little star near the roof! [​IMG]

3. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    That is really nice- I love the screen door!

4. Quote:Me too! Now I want a red screen door . . .

5. Pineywoods Peepers

Pineywoods Peepers Certified Poultry Accruer

Lovely coop. And hubby listened?! [​IMG]

Sorry to hear about your dune buggy. Strange how we get so attached to our cars. I still miss my 1970 Chevy Malibu I sold 11 years ago...

Rachel

6. Sammimom

Sammimom Songster

Mar 29, 2009
    Sammamish,WA
    LOVE THE RED DOOR! I will have to do something like that for my next coop! (Funny how we are always thinking about the "next coop...")

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Love the screen door. I would love to know how he built it. And the star is a nice touch.

8. flatcreekfarm

flatcreekfarm In the Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
    Missouri
    On behalf of my DH... thanks everyone!! Ok, some history on the door: When we moved into this ol' farmhouse 30+ years ago there were some nice, more decorative gingerbread screen doors already on the house. This particular screen door was not attached, simply leaning up against the wall on the back porch. My sister used it for several years on her chicken coop, and I had forgotten about it. Until she moved and she said, 'would you like that old screen door for your big coop?' Why, of course I said yes [​IMG] I love the red screen door too, but it probably won't be such a 'stand out' when the entire coop is painted red. Oh well, can't have everything.. lol.

Rachel... I also miss my '66 Mustang GT that we sold many years ago [​IMG] Yes, it is funny how we get attached to ol' cars!

One more note -- We are working on the run today [​IMG]:woot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by