New Birds and Trio free Ranging with the flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hcammack, Nov 14, 2009.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    These are the first pictures I have taken with the new Black Ameraucana trio integrated into the flock (more like ruling the flock). I also got two more black pullets from the same source and I will be adding a blue and black pullet from Paul Smith.
    Here are my two new pullets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One of the pullets from the original trio
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The other pullet from the trio
    [​IMG]
    The cockeral and the 2nd pullet
    [​IMG]
    One of the blue/blue copper marans pullet I am using in an olive egger project
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I now have 6 Black ameraucana hens and the cockeral. Along with my 4 Black Copper Marans 2 Blue/Blue coppers 2 wellsummers and 1 deleware.

Henry

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  2. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Your ameraucanas are gorgeous!!! [​IMG]

3. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:[​IMG] Thanks I think I am addicted thats why I just keep building the flock. I will be up to 8 girls in the next couple of weeks.

4. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Oh and Ill have eggs for sale as soon as they are laying $30-$40 a dozen I haven't decided on final pricing yet.

Thanks,
    Henry

5. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Newest development is I may be adding a second breed! I probably may be buying some Bantam Blue Salmon/ Salmon Faverolles. So will be offering two breeds because I will be downsizing my olive egger project so I can make room for the faverolles.

Henry

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Beautiful, Henry! My poor Gypsy has had a bald head and neck for a couple of months. She quit laying a week ago and now, she is quill-filled. Maybe one day she'll look like my black Ameraucana again, instead of a vulture.

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:[​IMG] Don't worry I have a few vultures hiding out around here they just are to embaressed to have there pictures taken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by