1. broken bridge farms

broken bridge farms Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2011
    just got some pullets from a commercial chicken house after they cleaned them out (i got the ones that got away) some of the birds started to shake and then die. i was told it was the stress of the round up and move and the new feed dose any body have any advice

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG] how many died and how many do you have left? did they die right away? did you observe any other symptoms besides shaking? was it extremely cold when this all took place? If it's stress then I'd say they need to be put some place where they can relax a little and feel safe.. can you get some poultry drench? it has vits and other things to help boost their immune systems. What are you feeding them? how about mites or lice have you checked them over real good for those kinds of paprsites? I am sure being moved from a commercial chicken house to a nice coop was a really big shock plus all the stress of being caught.. I am sorry for your loss and hope the others make it.

3. broken bridge farms

broken bridge farms Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2011
    we started out this group with 45 and we have 22 left some of them just will be sitting there and just fall over just picked one up that the bigger ones were picking at her. we are feed the pellets insted of scratch and some are having trouble with it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by