New Bonus egg day!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BCBunnies, Jun 19, 2011.

1. BCBunnies

BCBunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Bought 4 hens from a lady yesterday and figured it would take them a week or so to start laying because of moving to a new place but out of 2 Easter eggers 1 Golden laced Wynadotte and a Barred rock I got 2 eggs tonight! [​IMG] [​IMG]

One was an obvious green egg under a small pile of weeds I cleared out this morning and the other was under the steps down into the actual yard for them! I'm not sure who the mystery layer is it's a slight pink color? At least it appears pink compared to the normal store bought eggs. Kevin is almost as excited as I am I can't wait to show my son in the morning. I'm also not sure how to size them either so more research tomorrow and good thing too I need to recover from my sunburn I got today at the lake playing with the jet ski. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    First the pic of the two first ever eggs I'm so proud of my girls. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Second pic is with a large store bought egg on the top.

I plan on blowing them in the morning and having scrambled eggs for breakfast my hunny was most excited about that part, well and the fact that he can say his pets make him breakfast. lol

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wonderful.

4. Marshchick

Marshchick Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Marshfield, MA
    Very cool! And a pink egg, how fun.

5. BCBunnies

May 6, 2011
    Went out this morning and no eggs so I think they are laying later on in the day. I'm still so excited it's like easter egg hunting for adults! [​IMG]

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I love the plate you put them on. You had the perfect back ground for the pictures.
    They look like large eggs to me. Congratulations, and many, many, more eggs!

7. BCBunnies

May 6, 2011
    Thanks and yes it was a garage sale find for $.75 has a few little chips on the edge and says it was made for Cracker Barrel. I was thinking about putting it on the wall but I might build a small mock chicken coop/curio cabinet and use it to hold my blown eggs for a country kitchen feel.

8. BCBunnies

May 6, 2011
    Yay 2 more eggs today but these were both blue/green so both Easter Eggers are laying.

[​IMG]
    Here is the two new ones from today compared to a store bought white at top.

[​IMG]
    Here are all 4 eggs I've gotten plus the store bought for comparison.

And I also wanted to post a couple of pics of the girls on here because I'm so proud of their efforts.

[​IMG]
    Lacey our Golden laced Wynadotte

[​IMG]
    Barbie our little Cuckoo Marans girl she is a bit of a diva. Thanks for identifying her Chick Charm she does indeed have the white legs.

[​IMG]
    Goldie (with Lacey following her) one of our Easter eggers and still a bit beat up from the two roos in the pen I got her from.

[​IMG]
    And finally Ethel our other Easter egger she seems to be the old hen of the 4 girls so I gave her a nice dignified name.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  9. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Quote:Nice...I read BR can lay a slightly pinkish egg...I have 3 BR pullets and 3 EE pullets, along with others, but those 2 I am eagerly waiting to see what I get...I still have 10 weeks for the BR to come to POL and the EE's are only 4 days old! LOL

It is Easter egg hunting for adults...yeah!

10. Congrats! [​IMG] First eggs are always exciting. Colored eggs are even more exciting. Might your Diva Barred Rock be a Maran? I see White legs in the pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by