New Born Lamb pic

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kuntrygirl, Jan 10, 2010.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    just wanted to post a pic of my new baby barbado lamb. i was surprised when i went out to close the chicken coops on friday night. i noticed that my female sheep was laying near the bon fire and the baby was laying near here. i knew that the mom was pregnant but wasn't exactly sure when the lambing process would happen. well, my little boy is here and he is a cutie pie. he is 2 days old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG]
    He is adorable! Congratulations!

3. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

4. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    Thats awesome kuntrygirl. My wife and I are seriously considering raising some sheep. Are yours strictly pets or do you make anything off the wool?

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG]

6. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Congratulations! [​IMG] That baby is just precious. [​IMG]

7. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

You know, I took one look and said

"BonBon"!

Beautiful...

8. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

He is so cute! [​IMG] What a nice surprise!

9. SunshineSteedFarm

SunshineSteedFarm Seramatching Equestrian

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    He is so cute! Congrats! [​IMG]

10. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    thank you everyone. i am so excited. i can't stay in the house because i am always out there in the stall looking at him and touching and playing with him. he is so adorable. he is jumping around in the stall. then he takes a nap and he is up again feeding and playing.

Barred Rocker - yes my sheep are strictly pets. barbado sheep have hair as opposed to wool. that was one of my deciding factors when i was considering getting sheep. being as though, i am the only one that works on my small farm (i have over 100 animals) , having to shear sheep would have been too overwhelming for me and i didn't want to have to pay someone to do it. so with that being said, i researched and read and found that the barbado sheep breed have hair and you don't have to shear them. in a way, i wish i had sheep with wool so that i could make something with the wool but unfortunately i don't. good luck in what you decide on about your sheep. just keep reading and researching before you make your final decision.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by