NEW BREED?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cgmaster, Jan 2, 2015.

1. cgmaster

cgmaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2014
    Thatcher,AZ
    I would like to make a new breed combining certain characteristics of Ameracaunas and silkies. So far this is what i have https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gQ0F3zRPf9U1gQ8n_VeC8ciyhcw0WYmzFC-8hOHpXOQ/edit?usp=sharing. Any suggestions on what i should add or change? Name for breed? I know it wont be recognized as a breed until several people are breeding it and it breeds true so it will take years of hard work to get done and it may well never happen but i dont care if they dont get recognized i can still call them easter eggers anyway.

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    What are the characteristics you are breeding for? What do you envision the end result to be?

3. cgmaster

Mar 30, 2014
    Thatcher,AZ
    It's all in the link.

4. cgmaster

Mar 30, 2014
    Thatcher,AZ
    Name Breed Comb type comb size Body size # of toes leg color egg color egg size Feather type Feathered legs? skin color comb color Bearded? Crested? temperament Broodiness wattles Earlobes

IDEAL Pea medium Lf
    4​
    black/slate blue medium to large hookless/silkie yes black black yes no not aggressive occasional small turqois

This is it if you cant go to the link

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by