New Breeding Coop Plan *LOOK* please

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by I-Have-Happy-Hens, Sep 15, 2011.

1. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    This is what I think I will do for my breeding Coop the inside walls keeping the Girls, Boys and Babies separate would be made of chicken wire but the outside wall be soild! Look Good??

[​IMG]

And yes there will be food and water in with the girls I forgot to draw that in

Thanks,

Happy-Hens

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  2. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Happy hens,
    I like your lay - out, it's always a good idea to start with a plan and seek advice. Personally, I think you need to make your pen twice as big, at least 12 X 8. That is still less than 10 square feet per bird. If you could go to 12X12, that would be even better. .......stan

3. I-Have-Happy-Hens

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    No they would go out to a run/free range everyday!

4. I-Have-Happy-Hens

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    That is just where they would stay at night

5. I-Have-Happy-Hens

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Cool look that was my 1000th Post [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. HighNDryFarm

HighNDryFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    Quote:I thought this was a breeding pen, so how can you control the breeding if they all free range during the day?[​IMG]

Congrats on the 1000 post![​IMG]

7. I-Have-Happy-Hens

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    No some will be in the run and some will be in the pens and others can be free rangeing

8. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    Looks like a nice plan- do you have a separate run for the boys? - just saw your new post question answered! Look forward to seeing it built! [​IMG]

9. I-Have-Happy-Hens

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Ok the main Thing is the roosters will be in will the hens most of the time and the Boys Pen+the baby pen will be used by the growing babies then 8 weeks befor showing season comes around the boys go to there pen some of the babies will be kept the rest Sold after most of the shows are over the boys will be but back with the girls and breeding will continue.

Did you get all of that?...

10. I-Have-Happy-Hens

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    And yes I will have a different run For the Boys also when the babies are 3 weekers I think I will let the boys in with them and the boys and the babies will share a run together and there part of the Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by