New Brinsea Humidity Pump Not Working

ecse129

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
I have an octagon 20 and just got a new brinsea advance humidity pump. When I get it all hooked up and turn the incubator back on it just keeps blinking the version number of the incubator and beeping. If I unplug it and plug it back in enough times I can get it to start up but when I go into the controls to adjust the humidity it does this again. Brinsea is not answering their phones either. I have duck eggs I need to get into the incubator but I really want the pump to work! It is brand new from Amazon.

How long does it beep for? Mine beeps when I first turn it on but not for any length of time.

Could you get a pic of what the display is showing?

What does the incubator do if you don't have the pump plugged in?

The incubator beeps rapidly for about 20 seconds when I unplug the pump, but then works normally.

When the pump starts beeping it beeps continuously with a few seconds between each beep. It flashes Brinsea v1.9. I am at home right now so I don't have a picture of it at the moment as the incubator is at school.

I thought I had it fixed and it was working, pumping water normally. Before it would only pump for a few seconds and stop, then pump again and stop, so the water was very slowly going up the tubes. I sucked on the straw to get the water into it and then the pump would run normally. I left it and checked on it the next day and it was beeping again and not running. I unplugged it and have left it since when it beeps it tends to mess with the temperature.

Weird, never had a problem with mine. It does run for a bit and then stop for a while because it only puts a few drops of water on the evaporative pad at a time.

Shouldn't mess up your display like that though. I'm sure you already checked your connection.

What do you have the humidity programmed at?

I've tried various humidity levels just to get it to kick on or off. Doesn't seem to matter. I got a hold of Brinsea and they said it sounds like it is a problem with the control panel of the incubator - which I disagree with because the incubator is working fine alone. I convinced them to let me send the pump back for a replacement since that is under warranty (first time using it) and the incubator is not.

Hope the new pump works for you, bit I also wonder if it's in the connector with the pump or a faulty control panel. If the problem is with the humidity pump control section, you wouldn't know it was bad unless you tried to use a pump.

Really hope you can get it working!

I too hope you can get it working right with a new pump :fl

If not it must be a control panel problem. The pump runs off the incubator, that's why it does not need its own electricity supply.

Back
Top Bottom