New Brooder

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by FF, Jan 11, 2010.

1. FF

FF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    Good Morning everybody. I know how every body like pictures so I am working on a new brooder for the egg layers I am getting in the next few weeks. I am not done with it so I will get pictures until I am done. I will try and get pictures of my other chcikens too. Thank you
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jaboo81

jaboo81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2009
    New Braunfels TX
    Looks like the one I built last year. It worked great! Had a board so I could move my light up r down as needed. Keep up the good work. I need to build me a second coop:D

3. FF

Jan 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    Thank you. How many chicks are you planning on buying? And where do you live? I built two just to be busy. You can hav eone if you don't live a million miles away:cool:

4. jaboo81

Dec 9, 2009
    New Braunfels TX
    I am getting 20 more this spring Australorp, orps, red star, Ameraucanas. Can not wait. I live in New Braunfels Texas.

5. FF

Jan 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    Oh. Don't think you want to drive 800 miles do you? haha. Are the australorps pretty good birds? I am not really a pet chicken kind og guy. Please don't take me the wrong way. I have some chcikens that are my favorite and some that will literall y fly up on my shoulder but not real picky on the petness of them. I hva ehad a million different types of chickens but i personally have always wanted to try turkeys. I absolutely love to death silkies. All mine died due to a dang hawk. Do you live close to Greenville, Texas?

6. jaboo81

Dec 9, 2009
    New Braunfels TX
    No that is alittle far. I live about 300 from Greenville. I live close to San Antonio. I grew up close to Dallas and that is close to Greenville. Dont know about the Austrolorps either was going to try a few. I like the Welsummers and hybr. Reds. I do want to get a few of the Silkies never had one of those either. My kids would love them though. Have a great day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by