New Bunny Need Name

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by annanicole18, Apr 4, 2009.

1. annanicole18

annanicole18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    USA
    Two days ago my bunny Clover managed to get out of her cage and most likely went up to the dogs when they came outside cuz she loves to touch noses with them
    [​IMG]

well the dogs tried to play with her and she died shortly after. i had had her for less than a year but had rescued her from my backyard. someone where i live releases his daughters excess four h babies loose and i to my DH surprise caught her in a live trap with some bird seed. i will miss my clover.

DH knew how upset i was and looked on craigslist for someone with a bunny for sale. he found someone with a whole bunch of babies and went and picked one out for me!

[​IMG]

he said mom was a full sized rabbit lol about the size of clover maybe bigger. i dont know what breed or anything cuz he picked her up and didn't ask the right questions [​IMG] but its ok he got a me a girl and a nice colored bunny.

[​IMG]

Any name or breed suggestions?

2. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    Oreo!

We had a black and white bunny named Oreo, but during our ice storm couple months ago, a tree fell across her fence and she escaped. She was seen once in my neighbor's yard and they actually hand fed her, but made no attempt to catch her. We haven't seen her since. [​IMG]

3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    How about Easter, since it's so close? Easter Bunny!

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sorry for both of your losses [​IMG]
    Your new bunny is adoreable, I like the name Oreo and Misty

5. annanicole18

Mar 16, 2009
    USA
    my husband said oreo too but we have a chicken name oreo. think shes a lil too blended to be a Patches?

6. cherokeechick33

cherokeechick33 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2008
    kenton, Ohio
    Idon't know the breed but I do raise rabbits and here is the list of my rabbits names. you could gladly use any name you want,
    hocus
    Totsie
    Sable
    flower
    Shamrock
    thumper
    Petre
    Nubbly {her mom bit part of her ears off when she was a baby}
    Chipotle
    that is all the rabbits I have at this time. but you may like Shamrock since it is like clover. you know? Good luck with your bunny!!
    Come on bunny break it down! [​IMG]

7. elliemay0305

elliemay0305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    she is cute! what about molly?? or cookie [​IMG]

8. FourSnyders

FourSnyders Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Here are the names of our animals (F is female, M is male):

Rabbits

Gracie (F), Wilson (M), Scout (M), Twitch (M), Razzle (F), BlackJack (M), Salt (M), Pepper (F), Jack Jr. (For Now, [​IMG]) (M), Bella (F), Ginger (F), Maggie (F), and Eightball (M)

Goats

Tippy (F), Joey (F),
    and Moswen (F)

Geese and Ducks

Gussy (M), Gossy (F), Owen (M), Nina (F), Belle (F), Bandit (F), Doodle (F), and Daffodil (F)

Dogs

Cinder (F) and Amber (F)

Cat

W (Just the letter "W" and it does not stand for anything!) (F)

Feel free to use any of our names.

I suppose she could be a Rex or Mini Rex, but more than likely she is just a mix breed.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  9. annanicole18

Mar 16, 2009
    USA
    well i called the people my hubby got her from and she said she is a californian netherland dwarf mix. has anyone ever done a rabbit for 4h i would like to help my neice involved but dont think they allow cross breeds do they?

10. FourSnyders

FourSnyders Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    They do allow crossbreeds or she could do a pet rabbit project. Hope I've been of some help.

The Snyders

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by