New Buttons hatched (Pics Added)

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
I had set 4 eggs just for the heck of it since all my last ones were male. I got 3 babies from the 4 eggs. And boy are they cute. I have them in with two tiny bantam cochin babies that just hatched and they are cuddling. Very cute. Will post pics soon.

Marie

Last edited:
Thanks, Here are some pics:

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

Those tiny bantam cochins look huge compared to the itty bitty buttons. But the cochins are very small and the buttons even smaller.

Marie

Marie,
Do you know what color those will be? What were the parents? I'm trying to hone my ID skills.
smile.png
Can I guess cinnamon?

I have no idea. I do have one cinnamon male but I don't think my alfa male lets him anywhere near the girls who are normal and silver. My alfa male is a blue breasted? normal I think. If you know I can send you pics and you can tell me????

Marie

Here are some pics of my adult birds. I am only getting two eggs a day and I can't figure out who is laying. I think I know who the girls are, but obviously there are not as many as I thought. Wouldn't they all be laying. They are all old enough except the newest one which is in the first picture.

New (girl?) What color?

IMG_3327.jpg

Two silver girls? and a normal girl:

IMG_3328.jpg

Normal Red Breasted? boy and new girl:

IMG_3331.jpg

Cinnamon boy who is alone right now due to an injury to his eye:

IMG_3335.jpg

Here is my normal girl, a silver girl (have 2) and my normal red breasted male (alpha male).

What do you think. Am I close on the colors?

Marie

Last edited:
I have cochin banties so I know they are not much bigger than my thumb at hatch - you almost need a magnifying glass to see those guys - boy are they cute!

Back
Top Bottom