NEW BYC Breeders Directory! - Submit your info!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
Hey everyone, we have noticed the existing BYC breeders directories date back years and some of the members listed are not active or selling fowl any more. To make things simpler for members looking for hatching eggs, chicks and started fowl for sale, we are compiling a new Breeders Directory. If you would like to be included, please fill out and submit your details on this Google Form:

https://goo.gl/forms/taPeFAGMqXUvUxsC3

As soon as we have a fair number of entries, we will start sorting out the entries and post (and regularly update) a list of breeders.

Note: this directory will be for everyone, regardless of which State/Country you live in. If you are resident in the US, please enter your State, for members outside the US, please enter your country. Entries will be listed accordingly.

Please note: You have to have an account on BYC, to be entered and listed on the directory, as a "contact breeder" link will be included in each breeder's slot, for buyers to contact them here.

VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE ENTER YOUR BYC USERNAME TO THE FORM WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION!

If you are not yet a member, you can sign up here: Join BackYard Chickens

TIA!

ETA: We have nearly enough submissions to start creating the directory! If you sell chicks/eggs/started fowl in any number and would like to be included in this directory, please submit your info on the form linked above. Directory here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1129376/byc-breeders-directory/0_30

Last edited:
I'm curious can they sell them locally without it?

Yes. Selling eggs within state line without a pullorum test is totally legal. Basically, the laws for shipping eggs vary by state, but every one requires a pullorum test on the parent flock to bring eggs, chicks or birds into the state... So this only applies to inter-state commerce. Many now require an avian flu test or just NPIP. A few places (I don't recall which) require additional testing, especially for live birds instead of eggs. An NPIP certificate makes it legal to ship to most places in the US. (It's also just a really good idea.)

Dumb question, but where can we find the new directory?
hide.gif
@Ren2014 we're going to put the new directory together and post it here as soon as we get enough breeder submissions to make up more than a skeleton. They are trickling in slowly, but surely, so I'm hoping it will be SOON
smile.png

Sweet of you all to care and try - but I am not unaware of different techniques - I am similar to dyslexic when it comes to spacial issues - wrapping being one. Nothing will help - but hired helpers. :) My strengths lay in other areas.
lol.png

I'm not a breeder but this is a great idea! Will probably help if I ever decide to add to my flock and it's easier than searching BST

Back
Top Bottom