1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New BYC farmer in WA state.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DragonflyWoods, Oct 19, 2013.

1. DragonflyWoods

DragonflyWoods New Egg

Oct 19, 2013
    I just got my chickens in June. I'm starting with 3 and hope to increase my numbers in the spring. Right now I have a Copper Moran and a Copper Moran cross (olive egger). Also a little silver-laced seabrite. Their names, respectively, are Ginger, Maryann and Lovey. Lovey being the eldest of the 3. We are having a great time together. Haven't started laying yet. But hopefully, with the help of lighting they will start rewarding me soon. So very excited for the first egg!

2. ellie32526

ellie32526 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2012
    North Texas
    Welcome Dragonfly! I got my first chicks in March this year. They didn't lay for 20 long weeks. But now I get between 8-13 eggs a day. I have 13 hens and 2 roos. The two roos were free, I did not want roosters, but my hubby likes them and they aren't much trouble so I let them stay. Pull up a chair - you have come to the right place, lots of nice folk here. Just a word of caution - in the spring when you start to introduce new hens to the ones you have now, don't be surprised if they don't take to each other right away. They can be funny that way.

3. PheasantsFirst

PheasantsFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2013
    Eastern Washington
    [​IMG]

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC! Hope that first eggs shows up soon for you.

5. 14RiceM

14RiceM Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello!:) I'm new here too!:) That silver-laced seabrite sounds GORGEOUS!!:) Good luck on your first egg, I can't wait for mine either! :yiipchick

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! Happy you joined!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] spring seems so far away - when we are looking down the double barrels of winter here - ugh!!

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Hope you get an egg soon!

9. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

Welcome and enjoy!
    Steve.[​IMG]

10. DragonflyWoods

DragonflyWoods New Egg

Oct 19, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by