1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Calif. tax

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hemet dennis, Jan 29, 2013.

1. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

I missed this new tax and I usually keep up with stuff like this. They slipped this one right by me.

[​IMG]

I looked at some older ones that had the same things I'd bought and none of them had a "CA. LUMBER FEE".

2. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

I believe I'd be asking about that. What the heck is a CA Lumber fee??

3. Fowl_Odor002

Fowl_Odor002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Mostly Here
    Carbon Taxes for the UN (agenda 21)

welcome to the new world order

4. Kilsharion

Kilsharion Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Landstown
    My Coop
    Carbon tax? Seriously? Is this only a California thing? **makes note to check her latest HD receipt tonight**

5. ChemicalchiCkns

ChemicalchiCkns Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  6. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    When a state is broke with the wealthy moving to other states (only way to not be forced to support deadbeats) a new tax is no surprise. Sorry Dennis California used to be a beautiful state.

I just returned from the Stockton show and it was a great show but man, driving through Stockton was depressing, bars on most all the windows, garbage everywhere, graffitti on anything vertical and too many rundown trailer courts to count.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  7. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

8. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Weird thing about California is that even though they are broke the state pays more taxes then what they receive in government benefits. Only around 12 states do that.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  9. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    In Iowa we got charged extra for buying soda in plastic bottles...it's a refundable tax, supposedly, if you bring the bottles back to who-knows-where. Hopefully this means we'll be going back to glass bottles again...I'm sure there will be a deposit on those too just like "back in the day" but cold glass bottles always made the soda taste better...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by