New Call Ducklings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by RAREROO, May 14, 2010.

1. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Hi all

I wanted to share with you all some pics of the calls I hatched from tonini3059's eggs 14 were sent, 10 were fertile/forming, and 6 hatched. From what I've heard shipped call eggs are really hard to hatch so I'm thinking this was a pretty good hatch. They were set by my broody standard sized Buff duck.

Here they are in a box. They were not happy to be taken away from mama for picture day. There are 4 chocolates, and I think 1 snowy and 1 blue magpie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Would you like a cup of calls ? LOL To give an idea of their small size for those of you have never seen call ducklings, here is all 6 of them in a little campbells soup cup.

[​IMG]

And finally back with mama in their pen. You can also see their small size by seeing how small they are compared to the large mama duck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Aww so glad they hatched!!

3. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Me too and thank you so much. What do you think about the magpie one though ? Have you hatched any of them and were they that solid color ? I think it is that smallest light colored one it the foreground of the first too pics, does that look like a magpie. I was thinking they would be more of white with black spotted color as ducklings. What do you think ?

4. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    No the magpie were patchy when they hatched. I am pretty sure it is a silver.

5. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Ok That sounds more reasonable cause I was thinking magpies were patchy too but I though I took the silver out as one that wasnt forming but I may have gotten it mixed up. It don't matter, either way, its still a little cutie and I love it either way. Thanks so much.

6. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Awww....I love babies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by