New Calls!!! Yaaaaaaaaaahoo (pics)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jbourget, Nov 4, 2011.

1. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    [​IMG]

Butterscotch

I took a trip out to Darrel Sheraws 9 hours one way to get 35 ducks i had reserved for a few weeks and just was amazed at how many ducks he had!!!! I also got him to sign my call duck breed book [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Heres what i scored

[​IMG]

The blues and butters are from his original lines when he created the colors!

I have to get betetr photos of the other ones soon... Magpies and whites and self blues

I think this is the best white drake i have now...Pics are not great though [​IMG] it was dark

[​IMG]

Really blurry but you get an idea of his quality, just wait till i update the pics [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here are the pond critters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tufted roman goose family and my mallards im using to hatch the calls this springtime

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    That's a lot of ducks! Very nice!

3. jbourget

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Thanks! I have lost track of the number of calls i have....nevermind ducks! If i were to guess...ide say about 80ish various breeds and like 70ish calls. its almost even now i know that. [​IMG]

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Very.... VERY nice critters! Wow! 70ish?! do you sell the babies they hatch?

5. jbourget

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    I have just started seriously collecting calls this fall. I plan to keep back the best i hatch out then sell the pet quality ones. Im building a duck ARMY [​IMG]

6. jbourget

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    I have had calls for 8 years or so but never really studied the show calls... and breeding top quality ones. Ive invested thousands in my flock and other animals. NEver mind their housing... LOL very dedicated i guess. And im on 20 years old.... [​IMG]

7. jbourget

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    My breeder quality whites - just a few

[​IMG]

8. jbourget

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Couple pastels not really posing

stinkers......they are finicky

[​IMG]

9. jbourget

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    My 9 year old snowy hen whol laid the best EVER this past spring and summer that she has ever laid...im talking atleast 60 eggs!

[​IMG]

Ended up hatching 3 trios from her and her mate

10. jbourget

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Some of the young from this years hatch

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by