New Camera: Pictures from today (warning pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by bossynbella, Feb 14, 2011.

1. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Got a new camera last night, just some random pictures from around the farm.

[​IMG]
    Opaline Guinea hen

[​IMG]
    Black Copper Maran Hen

[​IMG]
    the flock

[​IMG]
    Siamese Satin 7 month old doe

[​IMG]
    Splash cochin hen (named Rogue)

[​IMG]
    Royal purple Guinea fowl (no idea if its a boy or girl though)

[​IMG]
    Ninja bunny, a Mini lop doe who is nice and friendly till you pick her up then its ninja bunny, and back legs on bunnies can scratch hard!

[​IMG]
    Black otter Mini rex doe

[​IMG]
    LeiLani girl our first dog. Shepherd/Chow Chow/ who knows what mix she is 5 years old now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hershey a broken Chocolate Polish buck

[​IMG]
    Coral Blue Guinea fowl hen and rooster

[​IMG]
    blue cochin hens, buff orpington hen, and Wendy the muscovy hen getting in there.

[​IMG]
    my blue cochin hens, its muddy and mucky out today but at least its warm! Big boy the muscovy drake got in there too.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Very nice pics!!!! Good lookin animals too!!

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Great! Lovely birds and animals. [​IMG]

What kind of camera did you get?

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Pretty girls, especially the Cochins [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:x2 !

6. bossynbella

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    The camera is a Sony Cyber Shot I am really liking it. Thanks they are beautiful. I am selling them all today though. Well all the chickens. I have decided to just get one breed and that way I can better focus on breeding quality birds without having 10 different pens all summer and then trying to combine them all in the winter since we only have one building. So these are going to be my pictures to remember my chickens. Isn't it amazing how attatched you can get to silly birds! Its going to be hard to let them go but I know they are going to a good home. 21 are going to the same place. the other 10 to a different place.

Thanks again !
    Melissa

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    nice pictures. are your rabbits always caged? do they get outside run time? I have heard others say chickens and rabbits joining eachother outside etc. we have our self a 7 year old house bun. lately the 10 month old dog, is bothering the tar out of him. wont stop bothering him, so now i have to keep them seperated for now. i would love for my rabbit to be outside, but he hasnt been alcimated to the outdoors, i dont think he would make a winter season, let alone now.

8. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Your guinea photo makes for a passable gryphon

[​IMG]

And the demon bunnies are very good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's no wonder the

[​IMG]

looks so uncertain!

9. bossynbella

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    We have our breeding rabbits caged, though in the summer we let them out during the day sometimes in secure pens to eat grass. The ones we let run loose are some that should of been sold or butchered last fall, but it didn't happen, so they have free run of the garage, as we didn't have enough water pans for everyone over the winter, that way they could share one. it has worked out well though and its kind of fun watching them run around. We have someone who has already paid for them and my young siamese satin does, but wont be able to pick them up for a couple weeks so I really need to get the black ones caught. We are now down to just the California white chickens and our little banty hen, who will be the only one for a while, until we decide what we kind we want to go with. We still have 12 ducks and 11 guinea fowl, (of which I am pretty sure I have 6 boys and 5 girls)

10. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    Where in Iowa are you? What breed are you going to focus on? Great pics!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by