New Canadian Member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CookieChickens, Oct 26, 2010.

1. CookieChickens

CookieChickens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2010
    Just thought I'd do a quick stop in to introduce myself.

I live in Central Ontario, Canada (2 hours north of Toronto). We currently have 19 layers and Chuck. Chuck was supposed to be a layer, but, well... he isn't. [​IMG] From looking over the breed pages, I'm going to say we have Red Stars.
    Last year was our first year raising birds - we had 20 Black Sex Links and a dozen pheasants, all were slaughtered last year in October. This year we had a dozen meat birds - they are all in the freezer now - and we are going to try and over-winter our girls this year.

The girls just started laying last week and today was my first ever soft-shelled egg. I've gathered 16 so far today. They are working hard.

I used this site a fair bit last year when designing our coop, and I thought it would be a good idea to join now that we are going to be venturing into something that is TOTALLY different.

I look forward to learning.

Be well,
  2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.
  4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] from Indiana! Sounds like you already have a lot to contribute to the forum! [​IMG]
  5. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    [​IMG] from a fellow Ontarian
  6. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    [​IMG] and hello
  7. ChickyD

ChickyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010