New Challenge - Good deed for the day.

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Every now and then there are a few of these posts that remind me to do more for other people that NEED it. After tonight, I am asking people to share their stories about good deeds they have done.

Tonight, Ken and I went to his friends house. His friends parents needed some documents notarized, and I said no problem. They are on a tight fixed income, and it is no bother for me. 14 signatures and 7 acknowledgements later... HAHAHAHA!!!! They were VERY thankful I did not charge them the $140 that I could have, (i didn't tell them how much it could have cost) and a travel charge on top of that, coming to their home. Kens friend was VERY grateful, and it once again reminded me that I need to be on the lookout for more opportunities to do things for others that do not have the means to do for themselves.

So, folks, smile when you are po'd. Ask an old lady if she needs something from the top shelf. Give directions to someone who appears lost. When someone speaks to you in a foreign lanuage, SMILE and shake your head. Lose the brow frown. People that have free kittens? Give em a can of food. Cheerleaders have a car wash? Spend the $5.

And give your chickens some mashed potatoes.

And here is a post where all you need to do is click on it to help someone....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=390688

Last edited:
Today, I smiled at someone in the movie theatre who seemed sad. They responded in kind.
wee.gif

It's been a while since a post like this was up and out there. And after tonight, not even from the kindness of my heart, just a favor for Ken, I realized that that simple thing meant SOOOO much to those people. It's the small stuff, folks.

Today I donated 4 hens - 3 1/2 mths old to an organization that helps parts of Northern CA that are filled with crime establish pockets of community educating kids and families about sustainability. Growing community vegetables, fruit trees and yes having chickens for eggs. She is giving them to a woman that is a lead in her area for creating community and my girls will be apart of that.

I also gave her 5 heirloom tomatoes plants for them to plant in the community garden....It was a great "feel good" day even though it made me sad to see them leave my backyard.

Back
Top Bottom