1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

New chick and not sure what it is

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by k9trainer, Dec 14, 2007.

1. k9trainer

k9trainer In the Brooder

Nov 27, 2007
    Ovilla, Texas
    It is 3 weeks old. Anyone have an idea?

[​IMG]

2. k9trainer

k9trainer In the Brooder

Nov 27, 2007
    Ovilla, Texas
    [​IMG]

3. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Songster

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    I'm think maybe polish puff. He sure is cute thou, quite an affro.

4. Sorry I dont know...........will watch this to find out....sure is unusual......and cute.love the doo [​IMG]

5. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    What personality! Did he come from a hatchery? Was he completely yellow at birth, or did he have other colors? The new feathers and crest make me think its a Golden Polish, but I think their chicks hardly have any yellow on them. Have an earlier pictures?

6. k9trainer

k9trainer In the Brooder

Nov 27, 2007
    Ovilla, Texas
    Thanks guys. I did a search on the breed you mentioned and it may very well be a polish puff. He is a very social and outgoing little guy. I will keep updating with his new looks and hair styles!

7. k9trainer

k9trainer In the Brooder

Nov 27, 2007
    Ovilla, Texas
    Country road, this is the earliest pic I have of him. There is a guy in the town next to me that just got a big shipment of chicks and I happen to hear about him and went and bought some new chicks.

8. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    If the chick came from a hatchery, finding out which one will help you narrow it down. That's how I determined the breeds of some of my friends' chicks *haha*

9. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Songster

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    I would say it is definitely a Polish. It has the Mili Fleur pattern, so it could be a Tolbunt Polish. (not sure of spelling).

10. Rebel Chicken

Rebel Chicken Songster

May 9, 2007
    southern Indiana
    Definatly a Polish! No doubt! SOOOOO cute! I want some Polish in the spring!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: