New chick can't stand....? *PIC*

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
one of the chicks my mother hatched for me is having leg problems. it's legs just stick out to the front, it kept ending up on its back so i brought it home. it seems fine otherwise, the legs are mobile, it just cant keep its legs under it. just sits on her butt.

can i fix it?

shes adorable (blue barred EE)& id really like her to get better. i dropped her some avia charge water already in case it was a vitamin thing.

jjnwhd.jpg

Sounds as if it is splay leg...
Cut a band aid length wise in half...wrap one side on one leg, and wrap the other half on the other leg, the pad in the middle will be in between the legs and should be enough space.

I will try how you said but we put one on her earlier and her legs still stuck right out in front of her. I will see how shes doing in the morning with the new bandaid on. Thanks.

The poor baby passed away last night. She fell asleep and when i checked on her an hour later she was in the same position but 'gone'. I think there might have been some other issues too. i guess it's good that she went while she was sleeping though.
sad.png

I think my mother (who incubated them) had a lot of problems....1 main one was a roomate that couldnt leave the 'bator alone. There's a couple more that also have some feet/leg problems. I fixed them up but i really don't know if it'll work, we will just have to see in the next couple days.

There are also some(about half of them) that are doing great, the 1st one that hatched is all over the place & there's even a little tiny silkie/cochin/frizzle that seems to be doing really well , which is amazing to me considering it's very small size.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Sorry for your loss. That sort if looks like what's going on with my sick one. Her side toes are folded under the middle toe. I taped them as suggested but she's not moving much.

Back
Top Bottom