New Chick Daddy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jojava, Mar 9, 2017.

1. jojava

jojava New Egg

Hey everyone,
    I've been a member for a few years but finally just got my new babies. 6 Buff Orpingtons. They are just a week old, keeping fingers crossed for all hens. Love them! I'm amazed at their little personalities already......

Just thought I'd drop in and say "Hey!"

[​IMG]

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, jojava, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Congratulations and have fun with those baby chickies!
    [​IMG]

3. jojava

jojava New Egg

Thank you, I'm still building the coop, this has been quite the endeavor!! Totally worth it!!

4. Lucyluvchickens

Lucyluvchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2017
    Dripping Springs, Texas
    Yay! Buffs are the best! My old buff used to have the sweetest personality, she would come when she was called, and she would jump on my lap.
    Good choice [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Cute picture of your chicks! Take lots and lots of pictures...they grow so fast, they aren't that little for very long.

6. jojava

jojava New Egg

I knew they grew fast but wow, didn't think they'd try to fly as babies......fun to watch!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You're gonna need a wire top of your brooder to keep them safely inside, and any house pets OUT.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Yes, "chicken tv" can be quite addicting and it is very easy to find yourself binge watching - couple that with how fast they can grow and mature (depending on how they are brooded being coop ready in just 4-6 weeks) you can see why many folks get a bit behind on coop construction, so don't let watching the new darlings take up too much of your time, lol.

1 person likes this.
  9. DeYoungs

DeYoungs Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2017
    Welcome!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by