New chick(en-lady) to BYC!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by comeherechickie, Jan 27, 2016.

1. comeherechickie

comeherechickie Just Hatched

Jan 26, 2016
    First time raising (and totally adoring) 16 Cuckoo Marans in beautiful Maui County, Hawai'i! Aloha!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Aloha, and welcome to BYC. Good luck with your flock.

3. dan26552

dan26552 True BYC Addict

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Welcome! Good luck with your birds.

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Aloha, and welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. My family and I lived in Hawaii for 23 years (big island and Oahu) before moving to Montana. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck w' da flock.

5. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Aloha, [​IMG]

I hope your hatch goes well!

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

7. comeherechickie

Jan 26, 2016
    Thanks all! Yes, I am very excited about the journey. I already have tons of questions but am slowly combing through older posts in an attempt to keep redundant questions to a minimum. I appreciate the warm welcome!
    @Michael OShay-23 years is a long time! I'm sure you're loving Montana, I've heard it's an extremely stunning state! Mahalo!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Aloha. My brother has visited Hawaii many times, his favorite is Maui. I'm sure you aren't burdened by snow like we are.

9. comeherechickie

Jan 26, 2016
    Nope, luckily no snow for us unless you're all the way at the top of Mt Haleakala and a really bad storm blows through. This rarely happens though. We are however burdened by thick volcanic smog we like to call "vog" this stuff causes all kinds of respiratory irritations. I think Maui is the best of all the islands myself, this coming from a girl born and bred on Oahu! Thank you for the welcome[​IMG]

10. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to our humble community. I hope you enjoy your chickens (and yapping about 'em) as much as the rest of us!

All the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by