New Chick Flyer on BYC?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ChickMomma, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ChickMomma

ChickMomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2007
    When I first started coming to this site there was a tri fold brochure that could be printed from this site (at least I think it was this site). It was about getting started with chicks.
    I work at a Feed and Seed and would like to find it for reference and get permission to reproduce it to hand out when customers purchase chicks if it is at all possible.
    Can anyone help me with that? Mods??? or Nifty???
    If it was a different site that I am thinking about I am sorry.
    Susanne

2. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmm. I'm not sure if it's on this site or not. But I bet someone else will be able to help you. Sorry I'm not much of a help!

Ashleigh
    [​IMG]

3. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Hey thats awesome! My feed store doesn't sell animals, even around Easter when they could get more business bc ppl don't know what they are getting info when they get a chciken/duck/bunny.
    I am going to print some of these out and put them at their counters and bulletin board.
    Who made them?
    Ok, I am going to wait til I go back to work (Fri.) and just print them for free [​IMG]

ETA: Going to post some up at Atwoods too!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  4. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    The idea of that flyer, if I remember right was 2 fold.

1. To possibly save some chicks and their prospective owners form a lot of grief.
    2. To promote the site to potential new chicken enthusiast.

I have believed that that flyer should be a sticky, I think more people would make it available to their local feed stores if they knew it existed.

I have also wondered if we could get a big company like tractor supply to give to their customers.

5. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Just so you know, the flyer has an error in it.

Under the section of warmth, it states.....

"The temperature should be about degrees Fahrenheit for the first week or so..."

Somehow the actual temp got left out. This is a very important omission for a new chick owner.

I would a suggest printing out 1 copy, inserting the correct temp. of 90-95 degrees F. & then photocopying how ever many copies you need.

Let me know who the proof reader was on this project & I will send them a Spanky-Gram

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  6. ChickMomma

ChickMomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2007
    That is exactly what I am looking for. [​IMG] Thank you all.
    Hopefully we / I can save a few chicks with them [​IMG]
    Susanne

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by