New Chick from South Georgia

marmarjake

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 30, 2012
South Georgia
I am glad to have found this site...Thanks Google!

Feb. 2012 I got my first six hens then added 3 more. Then in May added 25 Jumbo Cornish Cross from Schlects. Now I am waiting on 3 Ameraucanas, 3 Naked Necks, 2 Salmon Faverolle and a California White from Ideal Hatchery. I am totally on the chicken bandwagon and my kids love it too. The husband assists and respects my hobby but is not chicken crazy like me.

I do believe I must have an old school- farming background way back cause I love it, the lessons it teaches my children and gardening. I am the mommy of 3 and work full time too with the government.

I really appreciate all the posts and comments on this site as I have learned so much.

Have a great day from Sunny South Georgia!

welcome-byc.gif
Wow, you are the epitome of 'chicken math'.

I like to think of it as regimented insanity. 40 hours a week work+on call every other week+ a 9 year old boy, 7 year old girl and 5 year old boy+a schnauzer, boxer, lab and slew of chickens+ handsome hubby= no time for trouble and lots of fun!

I just hope after the Cornish head to freezer camp I can sit on my hands a bit and keep to my hens for a few months. (Yall chicken folks know that is not likely)
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom