New chick in the coop!

waitwhat

In the Brooder
Oct 22, 2020
Hi, I'm Kim, just got my 10 chickens last week, have never had chickens before. I don't know what kind they are, just chickens..
We are from Texas and moved to Pennsylvania 2 years ago. In addition to collecting chickens, we apparently enjoy collecting kiddos - we have 2 grown and married and before they grew up, started over kids are 37, 31, 13, 10, and 7. We enjoy camping and fishing. My children are involved in sports and dance. My youngest has down syndrome and LOVES the "kickens!" I found BYC via google search. Thanks for the add!

Welcome to BYC! Your little one is close to saying the Swedish word for chicken...kyckling (pronounced “chick-ling”). 10 is a lot to start with, but as they grow they will show the features of what they are. I started with two and now have eight and I also pick it up the hobby of having Coturnix Quail. Pullets/Chickens won’t start laying eggs until about six months or so. Just sit and visit with them through the winter and spring. If you end up with more than one rooster, you might have some issues. This is a great place to post any of your questions, and show pictures of how your chicks are developing and what their breed might be.

Back
Top Bottom