New chick limping

jzervas92

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 26, 2013
New York
Hi everyone, I am just having no luck with my new chicks! There hasn't been anymore deaths, but now one of my smaller chicks started to limp today. I think it's because the bigger ones jumped on her. There's plenty of space to run around they just choose to jump on each other. She can walk on it but you can see her limp, and it also looks a little swollen. She eating and drinking. I did some research and some people said PolyViSol liquid in the water helps. I got some today and put it in the water. Should I separate her from the rest? Is there anything else I can do to help her?

smile.png
Keep us updated!!

Absolutely! So far I haven't seen much change, but I only got the vitamins last night. Sometimes she does lay on her side, and give her legs a big stretch. I do help her to the food and water so she can give her foot a break.

That's a great website thank you! I think she might of hurt her tendon, not sure though. She's giving her usual peeps,and actually sometimes she purrs. So I know she's not in serious pain.

Just wanted to let everyone know she's doing great. She still has a little bit of a limp, but she's walking around and playing again!

Back
Top Bottom