New chick mama!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jennylynn86, Mar 17, 2013.

1. jennylynn86

jennylynn86 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    Hello, I am Jenny, I recently started my tiny lil flock this week. I have two Easter egger chicks, though the place I got them said they were Ameracaunas ( spelling) but after reading and talking to some local chicken moms, I come to figure that they are probably Easter Eggers which is fine by me.. I also have 3 silkie bantum chicks as well. They are all soo cute and I love them. I am more of a pet chicken gal then egg production or meat, though I do love to eat chicken but not much an egg person.. Anywho, I am looking to hear about hte best ways to make sure my girls have the best life I can give them and stuff. I soo look foward to watch their antics and stuff!!

2. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    [​IMG]From Kansas! Glad you joined us! [​IMG] Silkies are the best, especially when they're mini!

3. Welcome to BYC![​IMG] so glad u joined us!!![​IMG]

4. Ducclelover10

Ducclelover10 Overrun With Chickens

Congrats on your new chicks! Americanas and EE's are really hard to tell apart. Easter Eggers are sort of like a mixed breed, they can lay blue, green, or even sometimes tinted eggs. I've had an EE's/Americanas for 4 years now and I'm still confused! Do you plan on putting your chicks in a closed in run?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings form Kansas, jennylynn86, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! BYC is a great place to learn to be a responsible chicken keeper! The Learning Center link below will give you the basic info you need to get started. And the Baby Chicks thread is a Q & A but the old threads contain wealth of great info! Good luck to you!

Learning Center:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/

Raising Baby Chicks:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/11/raising-baby-chicks

6. jennylynn86

jennylynn86 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    When they are big enough, they will be free range but kept in a coop at night.. :)

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

9. rwdeets23

rwdeets23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2012
    there is tons of great info on here for just about any questions you may have.... it helped me out when i started......[​IMG]

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Jenny, welcome to BYC, and good luck with your new birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by