1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New chick mom! Can anyone guess the sex of these little ones?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by buglett88, Mar 17, 2017.

1. buglett88

buglett88 New Egg

Mar 17, 2017
    Snohomish County, WA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are some of the babies! Welsummer, OE, FBCM and some mixed in. All around 5 to 6 weeks old. Any guesses?
    [​IMG]

Little cochin!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please post photos at "what breed or gender is this." and do mention age in photos. Usually 6-8 weeks is best but, they seem to be feathered out.

3. buglett88

buglett88 New Egg

Mar 17, 2017
    Snohomish County, WA

Thanks. First time posting- still getting used to it.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under buglett88 [​IMG] Welcome!

They are adorable, especially the little Cochin!

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, buglett88, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! I am notoriously poor at chicken gender guesses so I'll just leave that to the experts. But thanks for joining BYC and best wishes!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by