New Chick Mom

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dcaple001, Nov 8, 2018.

1. dcaple001

dcaple001 In the Brooder

Nov 8, 2018
    Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am brand new to chicks! Got them last Sunday!

How many chickens do you have right now? We got 6! 1 Silver laced Wyandotte, 1 Isa brown, 1 Rhode Island Red, 2 Ameraucana and 1 Barred Rock (I attached pictures)

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I am really excited to have farm eggs, plus I just love the idea of raising chickens!

What are some of your other hobbies? I love to garden! We moved into our house which is on about an acre and I have just turned it into a little farm - garden, chickens and we got a free rabbit that no one wanted to live in the yard!

Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Recently got a house and got engaged, I have the lab pup that loves the chickens, he goes and checks on them every day with me and I am a nurse in the ICU

Attached Files:

2. DobieLover

DobieLover Free Ranging

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    They are just adorable! They grow so fast so enjoy them daily.

3. Callender Girl

Callender Girl Songster

Sep 18, 2018
    You sound so enthusiastic and optimistic about your chickens, your little farm and even your free rabbit! You will have a great time sharing on this site.

I really enjoyed seeing your photos and I like your girls' names.

Welcome to BackYard Chickens!

4. Jenile Volz

Jenile Volz Sergeants Wife

Nov 4, 2017
    Welcome :)

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations on your engagement, your new home, and welcome to BYC.

6. alexa009

alexa009 Free Ranging

Apr 6, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Are the chicks sexed? You may end up with 50% cockerels. The chicks and bunny are really cute! I would watch your lab as he develops later into an adult. They are bird dogs, especially to younger or smaller ones including bantams. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

7. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your littles.

These links may be interesting
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/hatching-eggs-raising-chickens.22/

Any questions that you may have regarding your chicks will be best posted here - http://www.backyardchickens.com/f/11/raising-baby-chicks

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

8. cassie123

cassie123 Crowing

Jun 13, 2017
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Welcome to byc!

9. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Crossing the Road

Mar 21, 2016
    Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
    Welcome to BYC! Enjoy your new chicks. They grow up so fast, and it's fun to watch them grow.

10. fldiver97

fldiver97 Crowing

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    My Coop
    Welcome! Nice little flock

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: