New Chick Mom

dcaple001

Chirping
Nov 8, 2018
Shepherdsville KY
Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am brand new to chicks! Got them last Sunday!

How many chickens do you have right now? We got 6! 1 Silver laced Wyandotte, 1 Isa brown, 1 Rhode Island Red, 2 Ameraucana and 1 Barred Rock (I attached pictures)

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I am really excited to have farm eggs, plus I just love the idea of raising chickens!

What are some of your other hobbies? I love to garden! We moved into our house which is on about an acre and I have just turned it into a little farm - garden, chickens and we got a free rabbit that no one wanted to live in the yard!

Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Recently got a house and got engaged, I have the lab pup that loves the chickens, he goes and checks on them every day with me and I am a nurse in the ICU

Attachments

• IMG_3551.JPG
    IMG_3551.JPG
    446 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3552.JPG
    IMG_3552.JPG
    286.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3553.JPG
    IMG_3553.JPG
    413.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3554.JPG
    IMG_3554.JPG
    438.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3556.JPG
    IMG_3556.JPG
    423.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3559.JPG
    IMG_3559.JPG
    494 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3560.JPG
    IMG_3560.JPG
    505.9 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Are the chicks sexed? You may end up with 50% cockerels. The chicks and bunny are really cute! I would watch your lab as he develops later into an adult. They are bird dogs, especially to younger or smaller ones including bantams. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your littles.

These links may be interesting
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/hatching-eggs-raising-chickens.22/

Any questions that you may have regarding your chicks will be best posted here - http://www.backyardchickens.com/f/11/raising-baby-chicks

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom