New chick mom

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickycat, May 12, 2010.

1. Chickycat

Chickycat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Bristow, Indiana
    Hi, I am Cat, and I just got 8 baby chicks for Mother's Day. These will be pets and are for eggs. I do not eat meat. I got 4 Buff Orpingtons and 4 Gold Lace Wyandottes. I am hoping one of the Buff Orpingtons is a rooster. I am 52, live in the country in Southern Indiana with my hubby, two indoor cats, one dog and now 8 chickens. We are going to let the chickens free Range, and we now have to build the coop. I am so excited, I have always wanted chickens.

2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Congrats and [​IMG]

3. Chickycat

May 12, 2010
    Bristow, Indiana
    Thanks for the welcome

4. james81

james81 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Woodland,MS
    [​IMG]

5. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Good luck with your chicks. [​IMG]

7. Angelina

Angelina New Egg

May 11, 2010
    Bend, OR
    I'm new to BYC, too. We let our 12 chickens and 2 roosters free range, also. They love it and it's so fun to look outside and see them scratching about. Once, our neighbors were having an outdoor memorial service at their house and our chickens crashed it. Our neighbors shooed the girls back home, but I like to think they were just paying their respect, and perhaps looking for a bit of lunch. Good luck with your free ranging. Angelina

8. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Cat! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! [​IMG] Enjoy your new chicks, they are sooooo adicitive!! [​IMG]

10. Chickycat

May 12, 2010
    Bristow, Indiana
    Thanks for the welcome all. I am looking forward to learning more from ya all. 4_H chicken mom, i lived in Ohio before we moved here two years ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by