1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New chick needs a name

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Lil Chickie Mama, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Lil Chickie Mama

Lil Chickie Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    California
    I don't name all my birds, just the ones that are easily identified and stand out. My Alpha-roo is Mac because he is the prettiest roo of my flock and when I think pretty I think MAC makeup-my fav! I have another little roo that thinks he's the alpha and he sure is vocal about it, but he really isn't. Anyway, his name is Jack short for...well I think you know... So last night I saw a posting for a free chick on Craigslist and we went and got her. She's in confinement and quarantine, but she needs a name. She will definitely stand out from the rest of my kids, she's a barred rock and all mine are pretty much one color. There are only two names that I've come up with and they are terribly silly [​IMG] so here goes. Donna Sheridan: Mama Mia the movie, Donna was referred to as a ROCK CHICK supremo (barred rock chick, haha). And the only other name I have is Waffles thanks to my silly husband who said that while we're picking up some chicken we should pick up some waffles too! [​IMG] Chicken and Waffles, which I know for a fact he has never had at the same time, but my big bro told us he'd take us to a place he likes for it about a week ago so it's stuck in our heads. Either of these or a new name suggestion? BTW- in my flock-the sillier the better...

2. happi752

happi752 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Casa Grande
    waffles sound good to me....hahahaha in more ways then 1.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I vote for Waffles too!! Cute name and it involves your husband...

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I like Waffles.

My BR is Speckles. (kids names her)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by