new chick/old dogs intro

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by domino7, Apr 25, 2009.

1. domino7

domino7 Songster

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    [​IMG]
    My first try uploading a pic here. I introduced my 3 week EE to our two big dogs today. They seemed to like each other. The chick kept wanting to go under the dogs, so he/she wasn't scared at all of the dogs. The rott would have liked to play, but the pit lost interest quickly. I have very good control over the dogs, or I wouldn't have tried this. I surely wouldn't leave them alone together yet, but I'm hoping in the future I can.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009

2. tabatha_westcott

tabatha_westcott Songster

Jan 18, 2009
    What good dogs you have! Cute chicks too! My dog is scared of my chickens lol

3. nwgirl

nwgirl Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    Everett, Washington
    Cute chicks - looks so small next to the dogs.

Every day after my lab/chow brings in the mail he gets a chicken treat. His absolutely favorite treat! If I had known years ago that I'd be raising chickens I would have called his chicken treats something else. So now we call our chickens - birds. [​IMG]

4. domino7

domino7 Songster

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Quote:Your dog brings in the mail? That's pretty cool. If I let them, mine would bring in the mailman. lol

5. nwgirl

nwgirl Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    Everett, Washington
    Quote:If only I could get him to pay the bills [​IMG]

6. nzpouter

nzpouter Songster

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    good for you, I think people's fear of trying to introduce their dogs to other animals is part of the problem why there are so many accidents.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by