New chick owner....I am in love! <3

So this is my cat Theodore Mittens. He is very unique. He is best friends with my bearded dragon, doesn't care for the cockatiel at all (I leave them out together) and generally has no instinct. He showers with me, sails with us, goes on a paddle board in the ocean, and travels everywhere (we fulltimed on an RV for 5 years). He even swims if the water is warm. I take him out to stores in a cloth bag, and he doesn't say boo! Everyone is telling me he needs a blog, I may have to do it up!
Anyhoo, here is a pic from when I first brought them home. He was like....what is that horrible peeping? He watched them for a bit then lay down beside the box. Maybe he has new friends?

And here is a video of them first getting into their brooder. Buffy will NOT leave the others alone, all she wants to do is snuggle under them! Ellie and Audrey are a bit annoyed. At the end you can see me teaching Ellie how to drink from the waterer I got from "pawtraitart" on the forum here!

0.jpg

I'll be uploading a cute video from the nighttime cam. It's pretty cute! :)
I love watching them at night!

I can't wait to post what babies I bring home ! If I had my way I would have more BUT my Coop will limit me LOL Its good size maybe for 8. BUT ... I don't want to get ahead of myself. I was told by someone to get more than what you think you will need because a few might die and even though I am buying pullets ... i could get a roo or 2. ... We do eat a lot of eggs and bake a lot.. your already making me re-think the numbers !!!

Oh no, ha ha ha! :D

So this is my cat Theodore Mittens. He is very unique. He is best friends with my bearded dragon, doesn't care for the cockatiel at all (I leave them out together) and generally has no instinct. He showers with me, sails with us, goes on a paddle board in the ocean, and travels everywhere (we fulltimed on an RV for 5 years). He even swims if the water is warm. I take him out to stores in a cloth bag, and he doesn't say boo! Everyone is telling me he needs a blog, I may have to do it up!
Anyhoo, here is a pic from when I first brought them home. He was like....what is that horrible peeping? He watched them for a bit then lay down beside the box. Maybe he has new friends?

And here is a video of them first getting into their brooder. Buffy will NOT leave the others alone, all she wants to do is snuggle under them! Ellie and Audrey are a bit annoyed. At the end you can see me teaching Ellie how to drink from the waterer I got from "pawtraitart" on the forum here!

0.jpg

Cute video... and what a fun sounding cat ! we have 2 indoor dogs and a bird to introduce ..
when they arrive home.

0.jpg

We have a cat that is totally an outside cat. He has fallen in love with our chickens! He watches them, lets them eat his cat food, and even lets them walk around on him while he's laying out in the dirt. I'm shocked because he is known as the bird destroyer around here. Maybe he has had second thoughts since they are almost as big as he is and they outnumber him 14 to 1! Lol!

Awwww how sweet! Do you have pics up yet?
The EEs are such lovely looking chicks!
As for pecking order, I am not sure either. My guess for mine is Audrey 1st, Ellie 2nd, and never Buffy. She already seems like the lowest, but I guess things can change:D
Have fun with your chicks! I have a feeling they grow up reaaaaally fast!

Well, I posted a pic in the Post your pics thread somewhere (LOL) but I also took more today and they are uploaded in the gallery. Not sure how to send you to the gallery, my gallery etc. There are 4 of them. https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6650601/my-chickens This link might get you there...if not maybe someone has a way to find another users gallery?

Quote: If you want to get your Cockatiel back, just have your hubby completely ignore him. I mean completely! Tiels need to have a mate and if your hubby is not there for him, he will revert back to you. This is what happened over here. LOL

As for lap babies....When you finally get them outside in the coop and run, go sit with them, on the ground. Bring a bag of goodies with you and they will be all over you. Eventually they will settle down on your lap, especially if they are really attached to you. My girls BEG to sit on my lap. I can NOT sit down anywhere with out them wanting on my lap! And they will fight to see who can sit closest to mommy when I sit with my legs extended out on the ground. LOL They will wait all day for me to come and sit with them. Such babies!

We have a cat that is totally an outside cat. He has fallen in love with our chickens! He watches them, lets them eat his cat food, and even lets them walk around on him while he's laying out in the dirt. I'm shocked because he is known as the bird destroyer around here. Maybe he has had second thoughts since they are almost as big as he is and they outnumber him 14 to 1! Lol!

That is hilarious! Awwwww!
I can't wait to see how mine reacts when they are bigger....

Well, I posted a pic in the Post your pics thread somewhere (LOL) but I also took more today and they are uploaded in the gallery. Not sure how to send you to the gallery, my gallery etc. There are 4 of them. https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6650601/my-chickens This link might get you there...if not maybe someone has a way to find another users gallery?
YUP! That link works!!!! OMG so cute. I can never tire of looking at baby chicks.
That one you think is a Buff O, does look to be one....
And the black one is neat....got a bit of yellow in there. They are all so sweet!

If you want to get your Cockatiel back, just have your hubby completely ignore him. I mean completely! Tiels need to have a mate and if your hubby is not there for him, he will revert back to you. This is what happened over here. LOL

As for lap babies....When you finally get them outside in the coop and run, go sit with them, on the ground. Bring a bag of goodies with you and they will be all over you. Eventually they will settle down on your lap, especially if they are really attached to you. My girls BEG to sit on my lap. I can NOT sit down anywhere with out them wanting on my lap! And they will fight to see who can sit closest to mommy when I sit with my legs extended out on the ground. LOL They will wait all day for me to come and sit with them. Such babies!

HAHA! That's interesting actually....although I am sure my hubby would feel too bad to ignore him....LOL!

They do sound like big sucky babies! I will totally do this, I'm picking them up several times a day as it is!

Back
Top Bottom