New chick owner in Jersey

Loosey

In the Brooder
May 21, 2016
Hello everyone
I am new to raising chickens in New Jersey. I work in NYin a very high pace, high stressed environment. I would say that I was so close to a mental breakdown when I walked into a farm store and saw a whole bunch of chicks and just decided I am getting chickens. of course everyone definitely agreed I had in fact had a breakdown. however my chickens now about 8weeks old have saved my life and brought me sanity. I have 10 chickens and can't wait every morning to let them out and get home early to spend time with them and put them to bed. But I do have alot of learning do so i am excited to join backyard chickens and learn so much and reward my chicks for helping me.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm so pleased to hear the chicks have brought so much joy to you!! They sure are great for healing minds. I find keeping chickens is great for the body and soul.
Have you checked out the learning centre? Lots of great articles that will help you tremendously. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Good luck for the future. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

Hello everyone
I am new to raising chickens in New Jersey. I work in NYin a very high pace, high stressed environment. I would say that I was so close to a mental breakdown when I walked into a farm store and saw a whole bunch of chicks and just decided I am getting chickens. of course everyone definitely agreed I had in fact had a breakdown. however my chickens now about 8weeks old have saved my life and brought me sanity. I have 10 chickens and can't wait every morning to let them out and get home early to spend time with them and put them to bed. But I do have alot of learning do so i am excited to join backyard chickens and learn so much and reward my chicks for helping me.
welcome-byc.gif
Sounds like you are really enjoying your chickens. Do you know what kind you have?

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I believe I have 2 Brahmas, 3 Barred Rocks, 3 Rhode Island Reds, and 2 Orpingtons. In the process of naming them, only one named Goldie. They are awesome, I am enjoying every moment with them. I had bought 10 chicks thinking some would die as everyone always says chicks don't last they die quickly. so I thought okay if I get 10 I will end up with 4 or 5. Well so happy that they have all survived so far.

thanks for the link I will take time out to learn my way around the website and take in all I can.

have a great weekend!!!

Loosey

Hi Loosey and welcome to BYC. Seems like your chickens are just the tonic you needed - great stuff!

Best wishes
CT

Pets are so therapeutic and so much fun to interact with or just sit and watch their antics. Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.

Back
Top Bottom