New Chick owner!

brneyes475

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 11, 2014
Cocoa, FL
Finally took the plunge and got my first flock of four day old EE chicks. They are so stinking cute I can hardly stand it. My husband and I are moving more and more in the direction of self-sustainment and we already grow several of our own vegetables (and fish) through hydroponics and aquaponics systems. Chickens were the next logical step in our little homestead and like I said...I fell in love with them the moment I heard their little "peep, peep, peep" lol. At only a few days old I am already seeing some quirky personality traits and am looking forward to watching them grow!

welcome-byc.gif
and congrats on the chicks!!! I love my easter eggers...I have 3 and all are very different color wise and personality wise!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Congrats on the new babies! And yes, the cuteness can kill you!! We used to farm fish....trout. It was fun to raise them until they grew so large and we had a hard time keeping them in the stock tank! The Ravens would hang around the outer edges of the tank and wait for them to leap out! LOL

If you need any tips and hints on raising your new babies, stop by our learning center for lots of great reads on all the aspects of keeping poultry...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

So glad you could join our community! Make yourself at home and welcome to our flock!

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

With your new chicks try this to help boost the immune system
make some hard boiled egg's peal off the shell mash up real
good and give one egg per ten chicks, and this is the fun part
waiting to see if they will eat it ........ BUT WATCH ..
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
and congrats on your new babies!

Are the fish you raise tilapia or something else? It just seems tilapia is what most people who raise their own fish use - my daughter inherited a struggling tilapia project at school this year (her FFA leader caught wind of her success in the 4-H aquatic science project) and it has been interesting to say the least for her to take the leap from home/hobby keeping to production.

Back
Top Bottom