New chick pics and meat chicken pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenbutt, Nov 1, 2007.

1. chickenbutt

chickenbutt Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2007
    Richmond, Virginia
    New chicks from mypetchicken - sorry to make you click but I can't get the html to post the picture directly.
    [​IMG]

I had to make some substitutions because they were mailing the last hatched chicks until Spring and they were out of silver wyandottes and rhode island reds. I decided on:

white leghorn rooster (yellow one?)
    buff orphington (buff one?)
    black star (all black one?)
    dominique (black one with light areas?)
    light brown leghorn (chipmunk?)
    ameraucana (chipmunk?)
    golden campine (spotted one?)

Are these correct? I don't care what breeds I get, I will love them all the same. I would just like to know what they are.

I was impressed with mypetchicken's service. The lady on the phone was very nice and they were mailed Monday from OH and I got them Tuesday at 11:00 in VA.

I also have 8 pet tyson chickens. Here is one at 4 1/2 weeks old. They are the cuddliest, most loving pets. They all love to be picked up, pet, and to fall asleep in my lap. I feed them for a few minutes in the morning and they peck around their pen all day and then I let them out in the evenings to run around the yard. I got the mypetchicken chicks because they will live a long time and these ones might not.
    [​IMG]

Also, I cannot stop laughing at the picture on the mail forum page of the Halloween chicken. That is the best thing ever!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Your descriptions sound correct. To make the picture appear, when you paste the URL in your input screen here, highlight the entire string by right clicking your mouse and scrolling over it. Then click IMG at the top of the screen. That should do it.

3. chickenbutt

chickenbutt Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2007
    Richmond, Virginia
    Quote:Thanks for the tip. I think the problem is with picasaweb so I put them on photobucket and that works better because it is a jpg. I did some research to get that far on the chicks to chickens and it is hard to tell because the feathers will come in different.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by