1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New chick pics....misfit update :(

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by lurky, Jul 7, 2007.

1. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    So my new ameraucana bantams arrived this morning. Misfit has been sooooo lonely. When i walked in with the box....misfit heard the peeps and her head went up. She backed up and watched me put them all in and show them the water. She looked like she could not believe her eyes. Misfit is sooo happy now. As usual they sent an extra. The bottom pic has all SIX [​IMG] The middle pic looks like they are all looking at misfit wondering what the big lump on her head is all about [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  2. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Oh what cute little FLUFF BALLS.....

3. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

Just like human babies you forget how small they were!! [​IMG]

4. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I'm so glad Misfit has friends! She'll do even better now! The new babies are sooooo cute. [​IMG]

5. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Lurky,

They are so cute!!! I can't wait until I get mine. They are supposed to be shipped Tuesday.

jackie

6. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    aaaww, they're so cute. I LOVE getting new chicks!

Have lots of fun with your new babies !

7. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:what kind did you order?

8. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    So......I went in to check on the babies this AM and found misfit had died while we slept. Despite his deformity, i was still surprised because he/she was very strong and active. I checked everyone before i went to bed and he/she seemed fine. Well anyway he was happy for the time he was here and did not die lonely.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, no! We were all so taken with that little one. What a plucky little thing it was, too. Sorry for your loss.

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I'm sorry that Misfit crossed...but at least he went surrounded by friends.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by