New chick pictures 10 out of 12 hatched, This little one has an extra toe.

Thunderboltt

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 16, 2012
Dose anyone know what breed these may be i got the eggs from a farmer he told me that they would be laying hens I got the 12 eggs for $1.00 the chicks look very diffrent i set out 12 eggs and 10 hatched 2yellowish, 4 black ones and 4 brownish ones. This is the portraits of 3 of the 10 chickes. Also the little yellowish one on the left has an extra toe is this normal?

Last edited:
Congradulations! These chicks look healthy, and you seemed to have a good hatch!
woot.gif

I can't say I'm the best with telling baby chickens, adults are much easier. I can help you with the one yellow one though. The extra toe is something that is common in certain types of chickens. I have quite a few bantams that have five toes. Dorking, Faverolle, Houden, Sultan, and Silkie Bantams, all have five toes. For you, that chick probably isn't a Silkie or Houden. They might be Faverolle or Dorking, as they don't have the normal tuff of head feathers like my Sultan chicks do.

Yes Dorking mix is what someone else said about the 5 toed chick but it is only on one foot kinda funny. The one brownish chick has fuzzy leggs and one of the black one also has fuzzy legs so i am starting to thing they are a little mixed up. Thats just fine there pretty cute anyway and they will lay eggs if i have any hens.

Back
Top Bottom