new Chick will not walk

BillyBeBad

Hatching
11 Years
May 22, 2008
I had my last chick hatch yesterday, but she don't seem to be able to walk nor stand up, looks like she's haven trouble with one side of her, when I hold her she peeps I call it crying, anyway, she'll craw, when I do hold her I put my finger under her feet, but only one foot will grip my finger, the other one she seems to tuck under her like it's hurting, any one know what I can do, I have 9 chicks that hatched, and this is my first time hatching them, oh and I hatched them out of an incubator, which is also my very first time, and it was the most amazing thing to see.

Thanks

BBB

Added: I seen post about splaying legs, but hers does not lay out at the sides, both are under her.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll get a picture of her today, it looks like when she laying the right side of her wing is laying outward along with her leg.

I'll get a picture of her and post it, been wanting to take pictures of them all anyway.

thx

BBB

I had a turkey poult do that after it hatched. It would never get it's legs under it. I wrapped it's legs but it would never sit up. It would only lay on it's side. So after a week I went ahead and culled it. I didnt want to but nothing I tried worked. I hope yours gets better and makes it.

Well, I did everything I could, I even feed and watered it by hand, but sadly to say, she died about 20 minutes ago
sad.png

I kept saying I wish she hatched dead, but I did have her around for a short while

but I do have the other 8 and they're going strong as ever, darn things don't stop eating.
smile.png

Thanks for the replies.

BBB

Back
Top Bottom