New Chick with 10 Hens

MrsMcCullough13

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 24, 2014
Vicksburg, MS
Hello Everyone!!!
Sorry it took me a few days to introduce myself. I am from Vicksburg, MS and I finally got my chicken coop finished 2 months ago and got my girls. I started out my journey rather bumpy with a hen getting sick right off. She is well now and my very favorite hen for her gentle personality. I absolutely love having backyard chickens and am glad to be a part of this group! I look forward to my flock growing in the future. Thank you for any new advise you may share and God bless!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of hens do you have?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

We are so glad you could join our community! This is the place to be for all the fun and learning. Sorry your hen was sick, but I am happy to hear she has recovered.

Enjoy this wonderful adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Thank you all so much for the warm greetings!! To answer what kinds I have, they are, Rhode Island Red, black Australorp, golden comet, New Hampshire, Dominique, buff Orpington, blue laced red Wyandotte, and blue Orpington. :) They are each unique in personality which is so nice to see.

Thank you all so much for the warm greetings!! To answer what kinds I have, they are, Rhode Island Red, black Australorp, golden comet, New Hampshire, Dominique, buff Orpington, blue laced red Wyandotte, and blue Orpington.
smile.png
They are each unique in personality which is so nice to see.

You have a great mix of breeds. Black Australorps are my favorite, standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of ours), and they are excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Golden Comets are one of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, but no matter which label they are marketed under, Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. Good luck in getting loads of eggs.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

It sounds like you have a beautiful flock! Wyandottes are my favorite breed, though I've never had the Blue Laced Red variety.

Back
Top Bottom