1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new chick with swollen red something??? between legs what is it?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by greenyardsmith, Nov 30, 2009.

1. greenyardsmith

greenyardsmith Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2009
    just hatched chick has a swollen area underneath between legs what is the problem will it be fatal???? can I help it? looks like red fleshy bubble no obvious drainage etc

2. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    I am not an expert but I think a picture would help folks. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. [​IMG]

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Sounds like a rough naval. If that is the case, it should heal up on it's own providing there are no loops of intestine sticking out.

4. greenyardsmith

greenyardsmith Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2009
    figured out that is where navel s on others the swollen bubble area is getting smaller. chick is very energetic eating drinkng but kept seperate pen with 3 other special chicks needing to not be picked on by other chicks. thanks for replying next time will take pic if I can...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by