New chick won't interact

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by vader, Aug 29, 2014.

1. vader

vader Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2014
    Hi, I have ,,4 New chicks. ,3 days old now.
    ,2 golden buff
    1 -rr
    ,1 barred rock
    The rock wouldn't eat or drink on.her own.for the first two days. Shed I eating an drinking now but stays away from the other chicks who are very active. She just stays in the corner by herself

2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

I would be a bit worried about her.

The fact that she isn't as active as the others might mean that she will not make it. [​IMG]

Keep encouraging her to eat and drink. I sometimes try a little peanut butter thinned down, and see if they will eat that.

Some people like giving electrolytes or a little yogurt (the kind without sugar and lots of beneficial bacteria, and just a bit).

Even if you keep an eye on her, she might not make it. The first week, if something wasn't perfect with the chick, is when they are most likely to die on us. [​IMG]

3. vader

vader Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2014
    Thanks, she is eating and drinking she just won't interact with the other chicks she does her own thing she sits in the corner a lot when they're playing and she is a bit smaller than them the first day or two she wouldn't eat or drink and I gave her some sugar water but now she is eating and drinking on her own

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by