New Chick!!!

france

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
North East
A chick hatched under our broody silkie last night!!! This is a first for us so quite exciting LOL
And born on my husbands birthday!

I put two eggs under her about 22 days ago. When I checked with a flashlight one looked like it was developing and one looked
like it was not so I am not expecting the other one to hatch. From what I saw the chick looks like dad - a
blue silkie. Mom was a bantam white crested polish. I have not seen its head yet, just a glimpse of feet and
body as it climbed up underneath the silkie. It is making all kinds of noise, I forgot how loud those chicks are.
The best part is their coop is outside my kitchen glass door. We can watch the chick every step of the way.

Off to pick up some chick starter now.
big_smile.png

Oh congratulations! How fun is that!? I've got a broody hen right now, and darn it! No fertile eggs to put under her......Lucky you!

It is adoreable! Congratulations again.......I am envious! LOL I bought these eggs from a lady in Texas--I'm in Ohio, and I put them in my incy, but they're from a rare breed (cream brabanters), so I didn't want to risk a few because Fancy has never been broody. So I put them all in the incy......I was too afraid to put them under Fancy.

Kind of wished I had though......

Back
Top Bottom