New Chicken Coop for 2 week old chicks.....

CPT

Songster
Sep 19, 2017
Star, Idaho
Hi all!

Does anyone happen to have the Precision Pet Cape Cod Style Chicken Coop? This one is not the Extreme model.

We put this together a few days ago and our two week old chicks and mama love it! It's like a little chicken condo. Mama hen and 10 chicks have been moved about 4 times so far, (From Pet kennel, to brooder box, etc.) so I think they like being outdoors, now :) However, I think in about a week, I will need to attach some kind of run to the downstairs door, as that's the only thing that opens up on the bottom. I've seen some pre-fab chicken coop extensions online, but don't think they'll fit. I'm not that handy, so anything super easy would work. Any suggestions would be awesome.

upload_2018-6-8_8-37-44.png

upload_2018-6-8_8-39-9.png

upload_2018-6-8_8-39-31.png

Last edited:
Will the run setup be temporary or longer term? And is the coop currently inside an enclosure of any sort? If it's just temporary and the coop is in a safe location, I would just use chicken wire or hardware cloth, whatever you have that is small enough that chicks can't squeeze out, and stake out an area for them. Use zip ties or wire to attach it to the coop.

If you need something more permanent or secure, maybe get something like a dog kennel and place the entire coop inside?

Back
Top Bottom