New chicken coop (NewTracktor Pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Tracy the chick, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Wonderful coop Tracy!

3. Rosaleen

Rosaleen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Danville, Vermont
    Very nice....and green grass too! My run is surrounded by snow.

4. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Thank you [​IMG]. Ha ha ive got grass for now! It has wheels so i can move it.. Just like to ask a question, how long before they go in on there own? I got it yesterday and today they where huddled in the corner on the grass so i put them in.. The big chickens i have in the orchard have always gone in on there own.. Just to let you know the babys are 10 weeks old, hope there not too young? Tracy x

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

It's not just because they're babies. Most chickens new to a coop have problems going in at first. They don't know yet that it's "home" or their safe place. You'll probably have to place them inside for a week or two until they learn. Your coop is really cool! [​IMG]

6. Breifne

Breifne Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2011
    Connemara, Ireland
    Very nice! Did you make this yourself, or did you have it built? I'd love to have something like that.

7. SilkiesBySloan

SilkiesBySloan Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2011
    Great looking coop! [​IMG]

8. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Aw thank you... I had it built, my husband was going to make me one but i couldnt wait a year![​IMG].lol... Teach1rusl thanks for the reply makes me feel a lot better... Its like looking after 4 new children but i love it. My husband said if he gets a chicken out-fit will i bring him warm porrage on a morning [​IMG]...

9. Breifne

Breifne Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2011
    Connemara, Ireland
    Quote:So, did you have the plans already drawn up and give them to a carpenter, or is this a design the builder already had? Trying to decide myself whether to just purchase a pre-fab one to get started, or have someone build something from a set of plans. I have ZERO carpentry skills, myself.

10. aagsoccer

aagsoccer New Egg

May 17, 2011
    Awesome coop...that looks great! I had to lock my girls in the coop for about a week before they realized it was their home. I had to make sure I was up by 6am to open their hatch for them everyday, but now I never close it, they just go in and out on their own now. (My run and coop are enclosed like yours). Have fun with your new chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by