New chicken "dad"

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NSchickennube, Oct 29, 2015.

1. NSchickennube

NSchickennube Just Hatched

Oct 29, 2015
    Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, but have been reading questions and comments on here for awhile. Just want to introduce myself. My wife an I are from Nova scotia Canada and have just started raising chickens for about 6 months now. It started with my my wife wanting a couple of chickens (2 or 3) and although I have grown up around farms, and don't mind it, I was a bit hesistant. She soon got hooked and bought a few, and then a couple of days later a few more. Now I am hooked and we are up to 25! [​IMG] Anyway,, I am looking forward to learning more about these addictive fowl and having some of my questions answered.

Chickens are like potatoe chips....you can"t just have one.

1 person likes this.
  2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. All of us here at BYC have OCD (Obsessive Chicken Disorder) and very few of us are immune to "chicken math." :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

3. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    Welcome to the forum![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I had to laugh while reading your introduction...chickens are addictive little animals, it's funny how people start with just a few and end up with a big flock of them!

[​IMG]

Look familiar?

It's nice to have you here!

1 person likes this.
  6. NSchickennube

Oct 29, 2015
    Lol...yes I can relate for sure

7. NSchickennube

Oct 29, 2015
    Thank you lol...and yes I can relate...that picture may be me soon

8. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by